Monday, October 21, 2013

One Week To Today!

Oh wow, I am so bad about writing on this blog.  I am wanting to do better and about this.  As, I am typing this, I am thinking that wow, one week tomorrow I will be in a recovery room for the surgery that was supposed to be earlier in the year but due to set back, had to be pushed back.  I am currently thinking about what all needs to get done at work and I know that as the week narrows and I realize that OH MY GOODNESS, 7 days from today I could look better and have a functional jaw bone.  

This is a new concept for me as I have not had one really for my whole life.  Yes, my former doctor attempted to make one however, just like true Manda fashion, I do not do anything normal or rather it does not end up the way that it was planned.

I am blessed to have my friends, family, and co-workers in my life who are supporting me thru this journey.  I have made friends through this process and I know that in the end it will be better.  I have been asked, am I doing this for me to help make myself "feel good" or am I doing it because I want to...I think it is a little bit of both.  I want to have the option to look normal however, I have been thinking about this...what is normal?  

As, I ponder this week I will post different reflections.  Some will be related to the surgery and some will not.  For example, I was driving the other day and heard a singer sing a song that she wrote about being bullied in school and yes, I will have a post on this.  

So.....stay tuned....

As always, My favorite Verse "All can do all things thru Christ Jesus who Gives me Strength."  I have to hold on to this!

Love,
Manda!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!