Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thinking!!!!!!

WOW, I just had a realization this week.....

I will have only one full week of work before my surgery.  I enjoyed fellowship tonight after our 5th Sunday singing service.  While enjoying this time, I was telling some of my family friends the process of the surgeries and what will be taking place and I realized that I have not shared it with my blogger world nor have I explained what my disorder is...so let's start there...

I was born with as you all know with Hemifacial Microsomia and basically, I was formed with a deformed jaw bone either way you look at it.  I consider myself lucky because even though I have a hearing problem and/or deformed ear drum, there are many people with this disorder who are missing their whole ears or part of their nose.  My mom even had a student in her class after I was born with a young lady who had her eyes sewn shut.  I am so blessed to have not only the love and support from my family but from my wonderful friends to move forward with the surgeries.  

When I was younger and was having the surgeries, my doctor at the time did not believe in or did not want to do a total jaw replacement with a prosthetic as he felt the natural bone would be more effective.  My former doctor even said that I do not do anything normal so the surgeries that he performed did not take so that is why I am deciding to move forward.  At the time of the last set of surgeries we thought it was the best move an treatment so we agreed.  I know I cannot change the past and I am just thankful that I have a voice in my current treatment and that I am doing this on my own.  I feel that I needed to get to the place to move forward with surgeries.  I know that everything happens for a reason and that I was lead to Dr. Hitchcock when I did because I feel that I was ready.  

I know that it will be a hard road to tow as I am thinking about the surgery and what energy and what I will look like after the first one but I am so nervous.  I know that I have wonderful family and friends to support me in this process.

I want to say thank-you to all of my readers and if you have questions please feel free to ask!  I am an open book!

Love,

Manda Moo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!